Janes Defence Budgets Annual Review: Intelligence Briefing
Gain an overview of world spending with free access to Janes Annual Global Defence Budgets Report.
Total global defence spending reached more than USD1.8 trillion* in 2020, the result of seven years of uninterrupted expansion since overall growth returned in 2014. However, in 2021 expansion is forecast to slow to less than half of the rate seen this year as the economic effects of the Covid-19 pandemic are felt around the world.
This briefing uses data from Janes Defence Budgets to examine the key developments in defence funding in 2020, presenting forecasts for all eight regions of the world and selected examples from countries that make them up.
Want free access? Register to watch by completing the form and we will send you a link via email.
What can you expect to see?
- A summary of the recent global defence spending trends as well as projections for the coming 10 years.
- Detailed examination of the US FY20 budget and wider North America trends.
- Assessments of regional trends in Latin America, Sub-Saharan Africa, Europe, MENA, Russia & CIS, and ASPAC.
- Discussion of developments in key countries and identification of key growth markets.
- A review of global, regional, and national defence procurement spending and trends.